HttpWatch is an integrated HTTP sniffer for IE and Firefox that provides new insights into how your website loads and performs. Change the way that you develop, debug and tune websites today! Download the FREE Basic Edition of HttpWatch ...
Records HTTPHttpWatch captures a wide range of HTTP related data including:
- Headers and Cookies
- URLs and method (e.g. GET, POST, etc)
- Parameters sent in a query strings and POST requests
- HTTP status codes and errors
- The network size of the HTTP response including headers
- Chunked encoding
Other HTTP monitoring tools only display this information for cookies in the HTTP response message.
The Send and Receive columns show the actual number of bytes that the browser had to send and receive when executing an HTTP request. Other tools just show you the content size, but it is the network level data sizes that really have an impact on performance:
The setup program is simple to run manually, and supports automated deployment by scripts or tools such as SMS.
HttpWatch was the first integrated HTTP sniffer for Internet Explorer and leads the way with a simple, yet powerful, user interface.
Uses of HttpWatchHttpWatch is used in a wide variety of companies and industries for tasks such as:
- Testing a web application to ensure that it is correctly issuing or setting headers that control page expiration
- Finding out how other sites work and how they implement certain features
- Checking the information that the browser is supplying when you visit a site
- Verifying that a secure web site is not issuing sensitive data in cookies or headers
- Tuning the performance of a web site by measuring download times, caching or the number of network round trips
- Learning about how HTTP works (useful for programming and web design classes)
- Alowing webmasters to fine tune the caching of images and other content
- Performing regression testing on production servers to verify performance and correct behavior
Download Here... http://www.httpwatch.com/download/
ABOUT THE AUTHOR