Sometimes we want to delete some files but failed to delete because these files are used by any running process and sometimes we did not recognize that running process. that’s why we failed to delete files. So today I am going to share with you two methods to delete an undeletable file.
1. Open a Command Prompt window and leave it open.
2. Close all open programs.
3. Click Start,-> Run and enter TASKMGR
4. Go to the Processes tab and find explorer.exe right click on it and End Process and Leave Task Manager open.
5. Go back to the Command Prompt window and go to the directory the where undeletable file is located in.
6. At the command prompt type DEL <file name> file name is the file you wish to delete.
7. Go back to Task Manager, click File->New Task and enter explorer.exe to restart the GUI shell.
8. Now you can the Close Task Manager.
1. Open Notepad
2. Click File-> Save As-> and locate the folder where your undeletable file is
3. Click once on the file you want to delete so its name appears in the 'filename' box now add the file extension after the file name. e.g.; if it is a vob file simply write .vob after file name in filename box.
4. Choose 'All files' from the file type box.
5. click Save .It should ask you to overwrite the existing file, choose Yes and it will overwrite it . Now you can delete it as normal.
Hope this post will helpful for you..
Hv gr8 day!