Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) is an easy-to-use tool that helps small- and medium-sized businesses determine their security state in accordance with Microsoft security recommendations and offers specific remediation guidance. Improve your security management process by using MBSA to detect common security misconfigurations and missing security updates on your computer systems.
Built on the Windows Update Agent and Microsoft Update infrastructure, MBSA ensures consistency with other Microsoft management products including Microsoft Update (MU), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007, and Small Business Server (SBS).
Used by many leading third-party security vendors and security auditors, MBSA on average scans over 3 million computers each week. Join the thousands of users who depend on MBSA for analyzing their security state.
Recently Microsoft released MBSA new version MBSA 2.2 . It provide support for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, 64-bit scan tool and vulnerability assessment check support, Windows Embedded support, and compatibility with the latest versions of the Windows Update Agent (WUA).
MBSA 2.2 is an update to MBSA 2.1.1 that builds on the previous MBSA 2.1.1 version that supports Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and corrects minor issues reported by customers.
New features and improvements in MBSA 2.2:
- Added the option to choose offline mode from graphical and command-line interfaces
- Added support for additional security catalogs (for future use)
- Added /cabpath command-line option to obtain catalogs from a user-selected directory or network share
- Corrected automatic fallback to offline mode if Microsoft Update or WSUS servers are unavailable
- Removed download link in completed scan reports since it is no longer possible to accurately identify the correct package in a multi-package download
- Removed product version from cache directory path when using offline catalog (CAB) file
- Updated and revised help files to describe new and corrected features
- Support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Updated graphical user interface
- Full support for 64-bit platforms and vulnerability assessment (VA) checks against 64-bit platforms and components
- Improved support for Windows XP Embedded platform
- Improved support for SQL Server 2005 vulnerability assessment (VA) checks
- Automatic Microsoft Update registration and agent update (if selected) using the graphical interface or from the command-line tool using the /ia feature
- New feature to output completed scan reports to a user-selected directory path or network share (command-line /rd feature)
- Windows Server Update Services 2.0 and 3.0 compatibility
Download Available on Microsoft’s Download Center Download Now!