Recently ios Jailbreak Dream Team Release Absinthe 2.0. The Absinthe 2.0 can be used to jailbreak your ipad, iphone or ipod.
This jailbreak supports firmware 5.1.1 ONLY and is again one of the most easiest jailbreaks to use.
See the Press release: Click here!
Absinthe 2.0 supports the following devices:
· iPad1,1 – 2,1 – 2,2 – 2,3 – 3,1 – 3,2 – 3,3
· iPhone2,1 – 3,1 – 3,3 – 4,1
· iPod3,1 – 4,1
· (Support for iPad2,4 will be added at a later date)
How To Use Absinthe 2.0 (if you're unjailbroken):
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
How To Untether 5.1.1 (if you're already jailbroken):
Just search for and install "Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether" from Cydia.